Annually, the tournament attracts upwards of 15-20 teams ranging in age and skill to participate in a tournament that spans 1 weekend. The tournament draws close to 250 -300 participants, youths and adults from across Ontario, in a competitive spirit and in the spirit of community building.
The key objectives of holding a Cricket tournament for our Jamat are to:
- Promote cricket in the Ismaili community
- Hold an Outdoor and Indoor annual cricket tournament in Ontario
- Create an atmosphere where families and athletes come together to enjoy a wonderful cricket weekend
- Encourage participation of Ismaili Youth
- Showcase the inherent cricket talent within the Ontario Ismaili community
- Encourage this sport with health benefits including building endurance and stamina, and improved hand–eye co-ordination.
- Encourage networking among participants, volunteers, and spectators